Managing partner, attorney at law
“Define your goals! Work to achieve them! Control your emotions, act you will become the true creator of your destiny”.
Vitaliy is Managing partner of Pavlenko Legal Group, Head of Litigation and Business Protection practices. Vitaliy has more than 15 years of experience on the legal market.
He specializes in protection of clients’ rights and interests in litigation cases, corporate conflicts resolution, protection of business from illegal offences. His experience includes development and implementation of comprehensive plans against raiding, representation of interests in courts and law enforcement authorities.
Vitaly Burdak is the author of numerous publications, comments in legal and business media on dispute resolution, business protection and strategic development of law firms. He is also the lecturer on educational platforms.
- The Legal 500, 2020 – recommended as Head of Litigation and Business Protection practices;
- Benchmark Litigation Europe, 2020 – marked in Dispute Resolution;
- “Client’s choice. TOP 100 best lawyers in Ukraine “, 2020 – is among 100 best lawyers, the leader in Business Protection practice;
- Competition “Lawyer of the Year” by Ukrainian Advocates’ Association (UAA), 2020 – the best lawyer in economic (commercial) law;
- Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, 2020 – marked in litigation;
- The Legal 500, 2019 – recommended in dispute resolution;
- Competition “Lawyer of the Year” by UAA, 2019 – the best lawyer in corporate law;
- Competition “Lawyer of the Year” by UAA, 2018 – the best lawyer in anti-raider practice.
Client feedback, The Legal 500:
“First of all, we would like to highlight Vitaly Burdak, who is now the managing partner. Vitaliy is also the head of litigation practice at Pavlenko Legal Group. He is a renowned Ukrainian lawyer who is client-oriented and creative. When we resort to Vitaly’s help, we know that we will get the desired result.”
- OTP Bank JSC;
- Ukrtelecom PJSC;
- Cypriot shareholder of Patriot PJSC;
- PJSC “Myronivsky plant for the manufacturing groats and feeds”
- JSB “UKRGASBANK”;
- Trade House Darnitsa LLC;
- OJSC “Agrofirm “Provesen”;
- PJSC “Bank “Kyivska Rus”;
- Siberia Airlines OJSC
- LLC “FC “Central Capital”;
- TAS Group;
- Logistic Invest LLC;
- LLC “FC “Sokur”;
- LLC “K Invest”.
- protection of the interests of a large transport company in a number of litigations with a total project capitalization of USD 500 million – development of client’s protection strategy and support of the cases on return of the illegally confiscated property;
- representing the interests of PJSC “Myronivsky plant for the manufacturing groats and feeds” in economic dispute on invalidation of the transaction in the amount of USD 100 million;
- protecting the interests of the client who received a loan from a banking institution in a dispute on the recognition of obligations under the loan agreements terminated (the total amount of USD 115 million);
- developing a strategy for protection of the assets of Alfa Bank PJSC and collecting debt under loans in the amount of USD 33 million;
- representing the interests of the State Corporation for Road Management in administrative dispute regarding the illegal demand of the State Audit Service of Ukraine to pay USD 17.9 million;
- protection of the developer’s rights in litigation with the Kyiv city authorities with total project capitalization of USD 5 million;
- administrative dispute of OTP Bank JSC, which is considered to be a precedent for the banking sector and significantly affects the strengthening of banks’ position in disputes with tax authorities – appealing additional taxes in the amount of USD 8.7 million;
- a group of economic disputes of a banking institution on debt collection and enforcement of pledge in the amount of USD 8 million;
- representing the interests of LLC “Asset Management and Pension Fund Administration Company “Niko Finance” in dispute over the invalidation of the agreement of assignment of claims and four other related litigations, the total capitalization of which is USD 1.2 million;
- representing financial company in five cases concerning the restoration of ownership of an office center seized by raiders in Kyiv with total value of USD 1 million;
- protection of the interests of LLC “FC “Central Capital”, the property of which was retired from ownership on the basis of forged documents, with total project capitalization of USD 1 million.
- Ukrainian Advocates’ Association
- Ukrainian National Bar Association;
- Ukrainian Bar Association.
- Faculty of Law, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Executive MBA program from Kyiv-Mohyla Business School for TOP-managers
- Course “Mediation”, Kiev-Mohyla Business School, 2017, Module 1
- Course “Mediation”, Kiev-Mohyla Business School, 2017, Module 2